In case you wish to customize the settings of your Roku streaming player on your own, then you can do so by going to the roku.com/link settings page. This ability is provided to all the Roku users who are actively using Roku to stream their favorite TV shows. However, this calls for certain actions on the part of users.
But, before you can actually begin to customize the necessary Roku link settings on your own, you need to create a Roku account. To create an account, you must navigate to the Roku.com/link create an account page. Here, you need to click on the ‘Register/ Sign Up’ option. After that, you need to provide the necessary details and your account will be created.
Once you create your Roku account successfully, you need to complete the roku.com/link create an account sign in process. After that, you will be able to change the necessary settings once again.
Steps to Change the Display Settings
You need to go through these settings if your Roku player is not able to detect the settings of your TV. Follow the steps given below to change the display type:
- First of all, you need to press the ‘Home’ button of your Roku remote.
- After that, using the same remote, you need to scroll up or down to locate the Settings option.
- Further, you need to select the ‘Settings’ option.
- Next up, you have to select the ‘Display’ type.
- In the end, you need to choose one from the available display types.
- Once you choose the display settings, your player will examine the HDMI connection.
- After your payer detects the correct display type, you need to click on the ‘OK’ button.
- In case it is not able to detect the correct capabilities, you may see one of the messages.
- Then, you need to choose ‘force output’ in case it is correct.
- This is how you change the display settings on your Roku.
What if you do not see anything after changing the settings?
In case you do not see any picture after making the necessary settings, the possibility is that the resolution type you have selected is not supported. In this scenario, you should wait for at least 15 seconds. After that interval, your screen will return to its previous display type. After that, you need to select the option reading as ‘Auto detect’. You may also choose another type of display.
In case you are sure that your TV supports the selected display type and you still see that there is no picture, you are required to check the setup requirements. The setup requirements will vary for 4K and 4K HDR.
This is how you change the roku.com/link settings by using the steps given in the first section. In case you need to change any other setting of your Roku streaming player, you need to follow the same steps to navigate to the ‘Settings’ and then complete the necessary steps. For more information regarding changing the settings, you can go to the official website of Roku and find out some helpful articles.