A Roku is a gadget that provides the easiest way to stream entertainment to your T.V via the internet. Apps like Netflix, Holo, Amazon Prime, Sling T.V, and so on are downloaded on Roku and it makes it easy to watch your favorite entertainment on your T.V. It also allows you to enjoy all sorts of internet services on your T.V. You do not need a smart T.V for Roku as it will work for any television with HDMI connection. Roku does not charge a monthly subscription as it costs around ₹8500. It allows us to watch free and paid movies. In this blog, we will mention how to set up a Roku account and how to set up a Roku device.
How to set up the Roku device
Steps for On-Screen setup and activation are:-
- Firstly, you have to choose a language.
- Then, connect your Roku device to the internet.
- Your Roku device will show you to download the latest software. You have to wait until it downloads.
- Then you have to set the type of display.
- Set your Roku remote so it can command your T.V.
- The last step is, you have to create your Roku account and have to activate the Roku device.
How to create a Roku account
From the very first model to the latest model, the process of creating an account in all devices of Roku is the same. Also, you can handle all of your Roku devices with a single account. There are no charges for creating an account on Roku but it will ask you to add a payment method i.e., debit card, credit card so that you can easily buy or take your favorite movies on rent. You will not be charged unless you accept the terms and conditions. The steps for creating an account in Roku are mentioned below:-
- Turn on your PC and open a web browser.
- Type roku.com/link the web browser.
- Then, click to Roku sign in.
- Go to< create a new account>
- Type your first and last name in the first and second text box respectively.
- Type your E-mail Id which you are currently using as you will need this id to log in to your Roku account.
- Then, enter a strong password.
- In the next step, you have to accept that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Now, you have to click on the submit button, and you are done with the process.
- In the last, you have to provide your card details i.e. card number, expiration date, and CVV.
We can watch different types of channels on the Roku:-
- Movies and T.V– Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Hotstar, and more.
- News – The Blaze, Sky News, and so on.
- Sports – NFL Now, Watch ESPN, and many more.
To conclude, with these all steps you can easily set up your Roku account. It is important to link the Roku device to the Roku account so that you can view all the linked devices, payment history, subscription, and many more.