Information we collect
The Roku TV may collect the information as given below and this will include personal information from the following sources:
- Information you provide us on the website. Using technical and log data
- Data collected via cookies and similar technologies.
- Cookies and local storage.
- Collecting information via other kinds of local storage.
- You can instruct the browser by making amendments to the settings.
- The use of various technologies.
- Account and profile data from the third party services.
- Information from the partners and other third-party sources.
How we use the information collected?
We use the information that is collected to help for delivering a first-class user experience including the following purposes:
- It provides Roku services that include customer support.
- It enables the users to contact and communicate with you that include promotions, updates, and notifications.
- Customizing the content and advertising to evaluate how well the content performs.
- Watching and identifying the content you share.
- Compiling all the aggregate data for the internal as well as external business purposes.
- Administering surveys, contents, and sweepstakes along with other promotional events.
- Customization of recommendations and operating the Roku services as well as conducting the analytics and research.
- You need to compile the aggregate data for internal and external business purposes.
- Detecting the security incidents, preventing fraudulent, illegal, or inhuman activities enforcing the Terms use and other policies.
- Protecting the rights and complying with legal obligations.
- Any other purpose which is disclosed to you at the time when you collect the information related to the request made by you.
- Using the payment information.
- Using precise location data.
- Use of aggregate or de-identified information.
Sharing personal data with others
We may share the information that is collected from the others that include the information such as business partners, service providers, social networking services, advertisers, and other companies that are not allied with Roku for many purposes as described below:
- Service providers
- Audience measurement providers
- Third parties when required by law to protect the rights to protect data.
- Parties with your consent or otherwise choosing to share.
- Third-party websites in connection with certain transactions.
Your privacy controls and choices that include out-opt options
You have complete controls and choices regarding how we access your personal information and data:
- Opt-out from promotional communications
- Options to watch and share the desired content
- Additional rights and choices for the concerned residents.
- Opting- out from Nielsen measurement.
Security and account access
The security of information is a very important thing to consider. We use the variety of physical, technical, and administrative measures to protect the information in the possession against fraudulent activities such as loss, theft, and unauthorized use along with disclosure of terms and privacy policies. We also use measures like encryption and hash-tagging to protect sensitive information when it in transmission. Make sure that if you allow the others to use the account then the users may be able to view the information about the account or any of the profiles that have accounts and profiles under the account that includes the information about the videos to view and address the account.
Children under the age of 13 years of age are not eligible to register with Roku TV services. The Roku services are not intended to be used by the children without the consent or approval of the parent or a guardian.
Deleting the Roku account
A Roku TV service is headquartered in the US and the services offered by Roku are intended for the users in the U.S. By viewing any content or otherwise using the Roku account services, you can transfer to the information to the U.S. Moreover, the extend applicable and the collection along with processing of information under the laws.