Many users wish to use different devices with one Roku account. Well, that is not impossible because Roku allows you to add as many devices as you want with one Roku account. However, the channels list will be the same on all the devices you have connected through it. In case you wish to use different Roku plans on different devices, then you may need to create another Roku account. You may create as many Roku accounts as you want and there is no charge for it.
However, to avoid the hassle of creating different accounts, a user can connect all the devices present in his house with one single account. But, there are a few things to note. Since Roku is allowing you to create free accounts, you should create one for each device so as to avoid any confusion.
What happens when you connect multiple devices with one Roku account?
Well, your account has all the information regarding the plans you have subscribed to. Hence, when you connect multiple devices to it, the settings will be applied to all the devices. Also, the same plan or subscription will work on them. Your preferences and other settings will also be the same. If you add or remove a channel from one device, then the same will happen on the other device as well. So, to link your devices, you need to go to the ‘My Roku account’ tab and do the needful.
Steps to link your device to Roku account
Note: make sure you remember the same Roku account login credentials for linking any device to it. Also, the process is the same hat you used for linking your first device, and here is how it goes:
- Using the Quick Start guide, follow the steps given on it.
- Complete some prompts to connect your device to the internet.
- As soon as you do so, the software installation will begin.
- Now, you will see the link code on your screen which you have to note down.
- After that, go to the roku.com/link from your computer/mobile.
- On this website, you need to enter the code and tap ‘Submit’.
Once you are done with this process, you will be able to stream your subscribed channels available in your rokutv account.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to change the Roku account?
You can always change the Roku account email address you have saved in it. This is how it is done
- First, go to my.roku.com from your smart device.
- Next, complete the Roku my account login process.
- Then, navigate to the ‘Account’ info section.
- Click on the ‘Update’ button you see over there.
- Then, change your account details and save the changes.
How much is a Roku account?
Roku account creation is completely free of cost and you may create as many Roku accounts as you want. But you need to pay a charge to stream your list of channels. The subscription plans start at just $29.99 and vary from plans to plans.
How to change the Netflix account on Roku?
- First, you need to go to the home screen of Netflix from Roku TV.
- From the menu, go to the ‘settings’ tab.
- After that, select the ‘Sign Out’ option.
- For confirmation, select ‘Yes’.
- Now, sign in with a different Netflix account.
How to sign out of the Roku account on TV?
- From your smart device, go to www.roku.com/link.
- Then, log in to your account and go to ‘My Account’ page.
- Further, navigate to the ‘My linked devices’ section.
- Choose the device from which you wish to sign out.
- Next, select the ‘Unlink’ option and confirm your action.
Read this article also: https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/360000321787